www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Firefox 1.0 / IE incompatibility posting with document.form.action="examplepage.com"

Question Firefox 1.0 / IE incompatibility posting with document.form.action="examplepage.com"

I seem to be having a problem using the following in IE:

Code:
    document.builds.action="http://www.clcomputer.co.nz/catalogue/custombuiltpc_printconfig.php";
    The URL of the page is:

http://www.clcomputer.co.nz/catalogu...ltpc.php/tID/2

It works perfect in Firefox, just not in IE. Any help would be much appreciated. (P.S) The page loads hundreds of computer hardware configurations from the database so it may take a while to load.

There is no reason for this code like to not work with IE. Check your browser to see either is javascript disabled or virused/damaged and so on.

Wishful Thinking

My thoughts exactly but I still cannot get it to work. I don't think that it is related to my specific browser as it won't work in other versions of IE on different computers.

If the code woun't work in IE be sure that there must be another code line (or even HTML error), but definitely not the

document.builds.action ="some_cgi";

If there is a form with name builds, the code line will assingn the new cgi url for sure, nomatter the browser (I think even IE3 will do that job )

So once again, that code line is OK. There must be another error somewhere else.

Thread Information