www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: View unanswered posts

View unanswered posts

I think this forum needs a "View unanswered posts" link. Perhaps right above the "View new posts" link. I've seen some phpBB forums that have this... I'm not sure how hard it would be to do something similar with vBulliten, but I'm thinking someone who knows some PHP and MySQL shoudl be able to write something up. I think a web developer forum especially needs this, so none of the questions posted go unanswered

Just my $1.20
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

I think this is a great Idea

EDIT: Im moving You to 3. on respect list

Weird... I thought this functionality already existed but now that I look I can't find it... Guess it was just wishful thinking.

I think that is a great idea. That would really be good

Just modify the search function to select only topics where replycount = 0, shouldn't be all that difficult

Though there are a lot of people that post something, and then again asking if anyone is going to look at their code.
    2 posts = 1 question + 1 reply = not shown in "Unanswered posts topic"

Then again, you could check to see if all the reply's in a topic have been done by the topic starter, and if so, still show that topic in the list. But maybe the 2nd post was to say that they solved the problem themselves, and thus you have 'Answered posts' among the 'Unanswererd posts'

Dilemma dilemma...
    <?php function reply_to_thread($user,$problem=NULL) {
    if($user["nice"] === TRUE) { give_possible_solution($problem);}
    else { exec($user,'code_fail',undefined); }
    return TRUE; } ?>

Thread Information