www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: PLease review my site!

Talking PLease review my site!

http://www.nadcartoons.com

Hey review my site please! The setup isn't great, I just want you to review my cartoons! Im getting a new setup soon from the sitebuilder of www.acrosystems.com

PLEASE REVIEw!

Right like most computer geeks I tend not to have much lights on when I'm at the computer, so saturated red and green are not appreciated.
    For the Site I use frontpage to actually make the pages
    Im getting a new setup soon from the sitebuilder of
    If you wan't people to take you seriously then quit using wysiwygs and learn to make sites properly.
    Also, more tips for getting people to take you seriously...
    • It is impossible to take someone seriously when there e-mail is @aol
    • Visible hit counters are for personal sites, crap ones at that.
    • Most people preffer designers who can make up thier mind, choose one design to cover all your pages, preferably none of your current ones.
    • Don't complain that HomeStarRunner don't link to you, it just looks pathetic.
    I am aware that the sticky in this forum asks us to find at least something good about the site, belive me I tried, but I don't see any evidence that you read the sticky either. Don't think that I'm being careless, because I still have a bit to say.
    • Other, is an awful link text
    • Tables are not for layout (see the sticky)
    • The banner looks misplaced, possibly because it uses sensible colours.
    • There is no need for links to be so big.
    Right now that you've hopefully caught on. I'll try and recover that mess.

Visit w3 schools and learn how to code websites, then look at other comics and get a Comic management system.

I can only hope that there is some hope remaining.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

that's perhaps why he's going to acro systems

hi gogonad,
    try to spend time observing other people's work, thinking how they did it,
    dont use WYSIWYG,
    dont use flash colors like that!
    very true, the counter just isnt good for this site.

you should seek for harmonious colors for ur site, think of and draw a design.
    Prefer white to red background.
    but its important to look what other site looks like, just watch this one, webdeveloper.com, is it in explosive red? no, it has a white, wine red and grey scheme.

wish u gd luck.

Yeah I was not able to read anything because the colors hurt my eyes so much.

The acro systems website seems to be down. Anyone able to connect to it ?
    Survey Scout - Awesome site - Make $5 to $75 for doing online surveys.

Looks a little too amateurish and doesn't really look that good: both sites and cartoons. Not trying to be mean... I mean I guess what you are doing is a start..... but you can make things that look much nicer in flash. The same with your website. Also ditch Frontpage, due it being created by micro$oft it likes to butcher websites and force you to code improperly. Use something like html-kit....... and learn good css and html from w3schools.com Most importantly, look at other people's sites and try to take some of the good elements from them... not copying so to say... but learning how to make things that look good. Good Luck!

Also, acrosystems didn't work for me either.
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

well when i watch http://www.buzzcomix.net/ it doesnt look so good to me either, indeed it has more harmonious colors, but the graphics are weird.
    u comics-drawer should be the artists, why dont u make a great design?
    i dunno, your comics doesnt look like u spent a lot of time on it, and look like MS Paint 10 sec graphic, excuse me, if i sound rude, but try Photoshop and Flash.
    If u dont wanna do real' fancy stuff, u can do everything with flash!
    http://macromedia.com
    this program is worth the price!

Please straighten your photos and crop the white edge carefully. It makes me think you are careless, and then I have no desire to view the rest of your site.
    Photo Page with Poorly Cropped Photos
    If you are scanning these yourself, you should align the photo properly on your scanning bed, and carefully drag in the marquee so it highlights the area you want to scan. Once you have the image in an editor, you can check the border and straighten and crop if necessary.

this NY photos page is simply horrible...

Thread Information