www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Describing File Content

Describing File Content

Dear all,

I've been thinking about a new password system that uses a 'key' rather than a password. Using PHP, you would describe the content of the bmp file, for instance, bit by bit using 'if'. Is there a way of referencing bits like coordinates?

You can open an image file and go through it bit by bit, but the file will be binary, so the output will be very obscure. I doubt that this method would be useful, since the output will be incomprehensible and definitely not parsable.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

Question How to describe the files in this manner

Thanks,

That sounds interesting, but I have no experience in that kind of work. What kind of code would I use and where could I learn about it. Would this be standard procedure for this code, or would I need some expert help? Thanks for your help, and I'm sorry about all the questions.

Re: How to describe the files in this manner

Originally posted by Paddy Notemaker
    Thanks,

That sounds interesting, but I have no experience in that kind of work. What kind of code would I use and where could I learn about it. Would this be standard procedure for this code, or would I need some expert help? Thanks for your help, and I'm sorry about all the questions.
    Open any image in Notepad - that's what PHP will see if it opens an image through the filesystem functions; there is no way to tell what's in the image that way. You cannot parse the binary data format in an ASCII format, because the output after conversion is simply not understandable.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

Thread Information