dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: cancel image loading

cancel image loading

hi all,
    I need a javascript(MUST be javascript) that can prevent an image from loading on a page but not actually preventing the rest of the page from loading.Just kind of noticing that an image from a certain URL is attempting to load and blocking it before it can continue to load by just ignoring it. I need something so that i can add it to my browser, Browsemaster.It can be as long as you like but must be able to be compiled into one single line instead of multiple lines so no 'body onload' scripts unless there are no other parts to the script so it can't have some of the script information in the head of a document and some in the body, i need something that would just wit into the body but all on one line if that makes any sense.
    kindest regards,
    skool h8r.

If you are trying to protect your images read the following information

Try using watermark, its the closest you probably will get.

I'm not trying to protect my images, i'm trying to stop certain images from loading on someone elses page, like an advert at http://www.adverturl.com/advert.jpg, if a website attempts to load that particular image, then it will stop it from loading at all.

Block unwanted adverts from that site using your HOSTS file....

Thread Information