dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: CD-Writer problem

CD-Writer problem

In nero, I can't burn data discs because it keeps having to ask me to write an .iso.

I would click "Burn it to disc" and then a save-dialog box would appear asking me to save the disc as an .iso.

Does anyone have any possible solutions to my problem?

I tried to search for drivers for my CD-Writer (LG 8525B), but everyone on all the forums say that Windows XP should already automatically have/get the drivers.

Kind regards,
    J

try the firmware update
    http://gb.lgservice.com/gcsc/b2c/hpi/main
    afraid it's a uk link because the us site is too slow, but it should be the same.

obviously this is your first time trying to burn a cd. just click yes and continue.

What it is really asking is, "do you want to create a image of the cd and put it on your hard drive?"

Systems that are slow require you to do this other wise you would turn your newly burnt cd in to a cd coaster.

What happens is if your hard drive has to stop sending data (to do other tasks) to the cd burner the burner can not write to cd and the cd burner can not pick up were it stoped.

for this reason have all applications closed (including items near clock, firewall and virus scanner if you can disconnect from internet) so that the hard drive will not get interrupted for other tasks.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by smercer; 12-08-2004 at 03:09 AM.

It won't let me get past the "Save file" modal screen. If I save it as an iso, it will just save it as an iso. If I press cancel, it will stop the whole thing.

Originally posted by BuezaWebDev
    It won't let me get past the "Save file" modal screen. If I save it as an iso, it will just save it as an iso. If I press cancel, it will stop the whole thing.
    What program are you using to create the cd?

when burning the cd It looks like it is doing nothing, but have a look at your hard drive and cd drive lights. it is a good sign if the lights flash in a pattern (when actualy writing to the cd). like every one second you get a flash, if this changes often you have some things running in the background, your system is going too fast (you cant have the hard drive racing away while the cd writer is falling behind because the hard drive has to go back and find the place on the hard drive platter where it last picked up data too often that your cd burner will empty it's cache), or your hard drive needs defragmenting, or your system is a slow machine.

if it is not in a pattern and the cd turns out fine you may get a good cd out of it every now and then, but it may contain errors that you may not know about (usually you will know about it... when the CD is finished) because the system won't execute the code where the error happened.

any way if you do not get a pattern slow your cd burner up until this happens.
    Last edited by smercer; 12-08-2004 at 04:05 AM.

are you dragging the files you want to burn in to the left hand pane marked iso1, and then clicking 'write cd' on the file menu?

Originally posted by DaveSW
    are you dragging the files you want to burn in to the left hand pane marked iso1, and then clicking 'write cd' on the file menu?
    I did forget to ask the obvious.

No, I'm using the express. Where you just click whatever files you want into the window and then press BURN TO CD.

Thread Information