dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Template / example of invoice for web design

Hybrid View

Post Template / example of invoice for web design

I do web design for friends / family on the side. One of the people I made a site for wants and invoice for the work I did (for tax purposes). Does anyone have any examples, templates, or suggestions for making a nice looking one?

I just made really basic ones, which outlined my details, the clients details, the work I completed, and the total cost.

Here is a bunch of invoice templates: http://www.bqe.com/dwn_samp.htm

Regards.

I have an invoice that you can look up under my site at Freelancer guide and you can also view free sample invoice by signing in on Paypal.

I guess I'm dredging up a really old thread, but I have been asked to send an invoice, for the first time in my (very short) career as a contractor. I've looked at the samples, but can't figure out whether you number your invoices differently for different clients.

For example, if I work 5 hours for client A and send them Invoice #1,
    then I work 10 hours for Client B, do I send Client B Invoice #2, or do I start a new set for them, and send them a different invoice, also numbered 1?

Thanks for everyone's help! Very clueless businessperson here!

Having worked for a printing company that creates 3 part NCR invoices I would say that the best way to bill your clients is to send each one an invoice that is sequentially numbered. For example, client A gets invoice #3456, client B gets invoice #3457, C gets #3458 and it goes on like that throughout your billing month. That's pretty standard, I think.
    Good luck to you!

----------------------------
    web application development

Quote Originally Posted by valsgalore View Post
    I guess I'm dredging up a really old thread, but I have been asked to send an invoice, for the first time in my (very short) career as a contractor. I've looked at the samples, but can't figure out whether you number your invoices differently for different clients.

For example, if I work 5 hours for client A and send them Invoice #1,
    then I work 10 hours for Client B, do I send Client B Invoice #2, or do I start a new set for them, and send them a different invoice, also numbered 1?

Thanks for everyone's help! Very clueless businessperson here!

It would depend on how you want to file them. Most people use a numerical series, just because it's easier:
    - Invoice 1 - Client A
    - Invoice 2 - Client B
    - Invoice 3 - Client A

Microsoft has a whole series of invoice templates here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...s/default.aspx

KDLA

What printing company was that?

I don't know Nomacoro

Website Designers Melbourne

Check out Freshbooks. It doens't matter what country you are based in for their pretty good free invoicing software.

HTH

you should try http://www.easyaccountancy.co.uk/res..._template.html i use this as a template to invoice web design/seo clients, its a pretty good, basic template =)

Here is the links that can you get an idea:

WebDesigN
    NYC Web-Design
    WebMasters
    Web Gig
    new-york web design

I have used some softwares in the past, such as Invoicera, project tracking software, etc. Its worth trying.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_blue View Post
    I do web design for friends / family on the side. One of the people I made a site for wants and invoice for the work I did (for tax purposes). Does anyone have any examples, templates, or suggestions for making a nice looking one?
    In regards to your questions

You can see the design for reputation management service on SharpSeoReviews
    or the design for the search engine optimization service on SharpSeoServices

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Your requirement here is a time billing tool, which bills clients based on the work done by you. So ultimately your kinda requirements can be fulfilled by a tool that tracks time, bills clients and invoice.

You need not to worry about. Try http://www.fetchflow.com/invoice-templates and make your own awesome invoice template with lots of features without paying any penny. Download it in any format and use it wherever you want.

Thread Information