www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Cross Resolution Problem

Cross Resolution Problem

I have created a website and am still currently working on it. I have used an external CSS file and have designed the site to fit my screen resolution and browser. I went to my site at school and in order to see part of it you have to side scroll. How can i make my site appear the same on all resolutions? Thanks for your help. The page is at www.gamingnn.com/home.html

Yes, by setting widths in percentages using css (a la in the <style> element, in the head of your document: width: xx%, the columns of your page can expand and collapse, depending on viewport size.

Re: Cross Resolution Problem

Originally posted by drumbum360
    I have created a website and am still currently working on it. I have used an external CSS file and have designed the site to fit my screen resolution and browser. I went to my site at school and in order to see part of it you have to side scroll. How can i make my site appear the same on all resolutions? Thanks for your help. The page is at www.gamingnn.com/home.html
    You need to set the width of the entire site. A good example of how this should look is on www.netwars.pl
    __
    Observation Creates Reality
    http://www.links4u.pl

The danger of religion lies in its most attractive feature. It is the arrogance that comes with thinking you possess the ultimate knowledge.

.: My Web Development Site :: My Personal Site :.
    .: Web Design Quiz :: PHP/MySQL Quiz :: Test the Dvorak keyboard layout :.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rogers
    Yes, by setting widths in percentages using css (a la in the <style> element, in the head of your document: width: xx%, the columns of your page can expand and collapse, depending on viewport size.
    I have the same problem as 'oh dang' had. Your solutions seems to very good, but I do not know in which page to put css-style and also how?
    Should be in the index.page or all the pages?
    Could you please..please help in this regard. I am really desparate about this problem.
    Thanks
    pushpa

Thread Information