www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: what do i do to create java?

what do i do to create java?

i am so confused it aint even funny... i go to http://java.sun.com to see what i need to make java applets and servlets..and i get lost.
    can anyone help me?
    i just need to know what i need to make java( i do have a java enabled browser) and where i can learn some java like at w3school.com
    One by one penguins steal my sanity...

>=={ <> Convertor|HTML Editor|DTP|MSDN Library|W3 Schools|My Experiments|My Blog|PHP|FireFox-Take back the web|Jybe co-surfing for firefox and IE }==<

From PCWorld "TV, Microsoft Style"
    The real problem is that Gates & Co. want to own the software that runs the networked homes of the future. They won't stop at your living room--they want your garage, your kitchen, and your bathroom, too. I keep having nightmares where I can't cook dinner because My Microwave won't work until I upgrade the firmware on My Toilet.

GMAIL invites left....49 pm me for one =P

The very least you need for applets and applications is the J2SE JDK. To do servlets you need to add the J2EE JDK. You also need a text editor. That's it. The book "Head First Java" is very good for learning.

i have a text editor but what do i do to make it a java program and also is there a free online article or something? i dont want to google search it because i might get led to something that will mess up my pc

>=={ <> Convertor|HTML Editor|DTP|MSDN Library|W3 Schools|My Experiments|My Blog|PHP|FireFox-Take back the web|Jybe co-surfing for firefox and IE }==<

The real problem is that Gates & Co. want to own the software that runs the networked homes of the future. They won't stop at your living room--they want your garage, your kitchen, and your bathroom, too. I keep having nightmares where I can't cook dinner because My Microwave won't work until I upgrade the firmware on My Toilet.

Sun and IBM are both chocked full of tutorials as is that book.

so i go to java.sun.com and look at the tutorials but i still need to know what i save the file as like when i do html i save it as bla.html

never mind.. after looking at java.sun.com's tutorials it shows me how to do it

I would also recommend you buy a book. Learning solely from the net simply isnt enough if you intend to become familiar with the entire platform.

Tutorials only take you through tiny fragments of the environment. A book will take you from start to finish, step-by-step. Its a much better way to learn if you are serious about it.

Regards.

Thread Information