www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: :( Suprnova.org has been taken offline

Originally posted by davidbrent
    Here is a BitTorrent source.

http://www.bi-torrent.com/
    Bah, the connection was refused; looks like they've been shut down too.

And, Peo is right, Suprnova.org hosted none of the content, they just kept track of the torrents. If the MPAA wanted to go after someone, they should've gone after those that were actually hosting pirated movies; after all, if I remember correctly, possession is 9/10's of the law...

This will likely sound stupid but what's a torrent?

A torrent is a list of hosts that have a file or set of files; when a torrent is activated, using a client (like Azureus), the client is connected to the many people that are hosting the file, and the many people that are getting the file and downloads bits and pieces of the file at a time from everyone that's in the pool. There is practically 0 server load and the potential of very high transfer rates; not to mention it's much safer than p2p (KaZaA, for example).

thanks

Originally posted by PhillMc
    Bah, the connection was refused; looks like they've been shut down too.

And, Peo is right, Suprnova.org hosted none of the content, they just kept track of the torrents. If the MPAA wanted to go after someone, they should've gone after those that were actually hosting pirated movies; after all, if I remember correctly, possession is 9/10's of the law...
    The link I provided still works for me. Note: I do not "use" this resourceful site in illegal means and methods...

Possession may be 9 10ths of the law, but supplying is still illegal.
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

well...SC was shut down too a few weeks ago...tho it isnt illegal to post ed2k links...

The torrent is actually a file id. I can make a torrent of any file I want. But when I upload it I and someone goes to download it they will search for a host, or seed rather. I would be found but I would be the only one seeding. But it just identifys the file as the one people are downloading. It does so by searching for other people on the bit torrent network with that torrent running. Its hard to explain. On the bit torrent network download rate is generally related to download rate. My bit torrent client of choice is bit tornado. The one thing I do not like about bit torrent is it is very easy to get a hold of the ip of the person you download from or upload to... but I guess that can never go away, after all it is the only way to identify the other pc ont he internet... but it is a way to identify someone else... ugh I AM UNHAPPY.

Originally posted by LiLcRaZyFuZzY
    well...SC was shut down too a few weeks ago...tho it isnt illegal to post ed2k links...
    edonkey pissed me off. I did not like its queue system. I mean the files were always high quality... if you wanted to wait a week to get them.

well, when u run it for days and have tons of things in ur list, then it should go fast, and u can get a popular movie in a day

the ed2k network is really a HQ network
    Last edited by LiLcRaZyFuZzY; 12-28-2004 at 06:30 AM.

Thread Information