www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Inserting a preview pic into a swf player

Inserting a preview pic into a swf player

Hello,

I'm having a slight problem embedding a preview pic into an swf player. I used flashvars mark up to insert a preview pic I created into a swf player program by Doremisoft. The flashvars function is working on some level because when my page loads in the browser, a flash of my preview pic in the left hand corner of the swf player appears for a little less than a second and quickly disappears. I have not yet registered for the Doremisoft swf player I am using which may be a reason why the preview pic isn't showing up. Can anybody tell me a better way to write my html so that the preview pic will work properly in my swf player? Thanks:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
    <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
    <title>Untitled Document</title>
    </head>

<body><script type="text/javascript" src="../Downloads/swfobject-1/swfobject.js"></script>
    <object width="400" height="300">
    <param name="movie" value="example.swf">
    <param name="flashvars" value="Macintosh/TDswfpic2.jpg" />
    <embed src="../Movies/DoremiSoft Studio/WheatonEditP-20110607-151910/WheatonEditP.swf" bg color:"undefined" width="400" height="300">
    </embed>
    </object>
    </body>
    </html>

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Child View Post
    Hello,

I'm having a slight problem embedding a preview pic into an swf player. I used flashvars mark up to insert a preview pic I created into a swf player program by Doremisoft. The flashvars function is working on some level because when my page loads in the browser, a flash of my preview pic in the left hand corner of the swf player appears for a little less than a second and quickly disappears. I have not yet registered for the Doremisoft swf player I am using which may be a reason why the preview pic isn't showing up. Can anybody tell me a better way to write my html so that the preview pic will work properly in my swf player?
    well, I just know such one tool XFlip page flip flash software to work for this. Thanks:
    ok, great topic, you may try to find some effective solution by google search.

I've had a brief look at the Doremisoft site, and they seem to focus on file convertors, not SWF players. So I could not find any documentation about "their" swf player. Are you sure it came from them??? Apart from that, the only suggestion I can make is to have a look here at the swfobject documentation...

Thread Information