www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Jokes

Jokes

Wanna check out my site plz. It is all about jokes, so give me feedback, take my poll, look around, read the jokes, give me more jokes, and some new poll questions with a maximum of 10 answers.

Thanks.

Site Link

It hardly has any jokes in it.

Try my http://best-jokes.hotusa.org for an easy cut&paste.

Bravenet sucks. I had one of their stupid polls for a while (the 'rate the jokes' broken link). If I remember correctly, it will open two new windows, an advertisement page and the poll results page.

make your own PHP/MySQL poll. it is very, very easy to build and maintain. then you can create new polls in minutes. If I remember correctly, you were quite proud of your web hosting service; surely you must have PHP/MySQL access.

and the layout is emmm... a first draft, I hope.

oh btw. I don't think anyone is gonna submit any jokes. how many visitors do you have anyway? I bet not many, because it's very hard to get a good google listing for a jokes page.
    Last edited by amazing_andr3; 12-30-2004 at 06:12 PM.

To be honest, I don't really like the layout to your jokes page. I don't like the colors, and it looks like it was all done in html. Your jokes aren't in any categories, and yeah you are using bravenet for your polls, and it doesn't open a pop-up. If you inseret the code into the site itself then there is no popup but you are going directly off bravenet.com and that is making the pop-up. If you do my poll there is no other pop-up, try it.

Look again, I am NOT using the bravenet poll.

The beauty of having your own poll, your own guestbook or your own whatever is that it doesn't come with ads and you can make it look whatever you like and do anything you want. The poll is a matter of hours if you know PHP and a matter of days if you have to start learning PHP from scratch. But if you're happy with it, that's fine with me. I was happy with it for about two months and only then changed my mind.

I don't understand what you meant by 'it looks like it was all done in html'. It's a site where people come to read jokes, so that's what it's got. Plain text jokes. What more do you want?

I don't know, its just that it looks very plain, and not eye catching. What it needs is something that stands out, but still makes you want to read the jokes, if that makes any sense.

I have seen a few bravenet things on your page. There is a counter, there used to be a poll about 7 hours ago.

For now I like my bravenet poll and there hasn't been pop-ups yet, so untill it gets annoying to use, it will stay on the site.

On average I get about 1,000 visitors per month
    Last edited by The Little Guy; 12-31-2004 at 01:29 AM.

I guess 1000 visitors is good enough, but I still don't think anyone will submit any jokes.

I can't say what my site will have because I haven't been listed by google, though I should be pretty soon coz the site has been in the Open Directory since 10 days ago.

I have the new poll now.

I wish I had my jokes into categories but I'm too lazy to sort them.

oh, the bravenet counter sucks too. I'll remove it in a few days.

I like the new one, but the back to jokes link maybe should be a little bigger. I found it was hard to find. I think that all the text inculding links should be the same size.

I head that you need to pay google everytime someone clicks on your link about 30 cents every time. Is that true? Maybe I heard that, but it was for the first person, or something.
    Last edited by The Little Guy; 12-31-2004 at 04:37 PM.

Thread Information