www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Which is the best search engine submission software or online service?

Question Which is the best search engine submission software or online service?

Hello,

I'm developing a site for Vietnam tourism at http://vietnam-tourism-news.com . And now, i think it is the time to propagate it on internet. Could somebody here please tell me which the best search engine submission software or online service is? It is possible for me to pay 20 USD for this action.

Thank you very much!

your best money is going to be spent on just going straight to google and http://dmoz.org/

Originally posted by Compguy Pete
    your best money is going to be spent on just going straight to google and http://dmoz.org/
    How about other search engines and directories?

links are the only way

DMOZ is important but takes a long time. The best way to get into Google is to get linked from an existing indexed page. Automated submissions are against Googles TOS (terms of service) and will not work and the Google submission page will not get you anywhere - links are the only way to get into Google and more links is the only way to climb the SERPs.

This stands for most search engines although a few have paid submissions and directories (Yahoo for instance).

DMOZ is of course a link, but as noted it can take a long time to get into DMOZ at the moment. It is an excellent resource and worth the wait though and I do recommend submitting your site. Ensure you read their guidlines thouroughly though.

Re: links are the only way

Originally posted by mountainmad
    DMOZ is important but takes a long time. The best way to get into Google is to get linked from an existing indexed page. Automated submissions are against Googles TOS (terms of service) and will not work and the Google submission page will not get you anywhere - links are the only way to get into Google and more links is the only way to climb the SERPs.

This stands for most search engines although a few have paid submissions and directories (Yahoo for instance).

DMOZ is of course a link, but as noted it can take a long time to get into DMOZ at the moment. It is an excellent resource and worth the wait though and I do recommend submitting your site. Ensure you read their guidlines thouroughly though.
    I see. Many thanks for your explanation!

Is there any software/service (which cost below 20$) can optimize keywords for my site so it can reach the high rank in search result (top 10-30 is good idea)?

Once again, thank you for your reply!

There is plenty of software yes, but it's often a con.

I have gotten alot of great information from this site: http://www.selfpromotion.com/

Perhaps you will too.

-cmotor

Originally posted by cmotor
    I have gotten alot of great information from this site: http://www.selfpromotion.com/

Perhaps you will too.

-cmotor
    Great! It really useful. Thank you very much for your given link!

Re: Re: links are the only way

Originally posted by wood_flower
    Is there any software/service (which cost below 20$) can optimize keywords for my site so it can reach the high rank in search result (top 10-30 is good idea)?
    I believe that no software can alter keywords and tweak a website for optimum density etc. as well as a human can.

Each page should not be optimised for no more than 2 keywords or phrases, or it will not rank well. Keywords should be in the title (once) and text of the page 3% - 8% depending on who you believe! - This involves experimentation over time.

Keywords in anchor text (link text on another site to your site) is just as important.

regards

Re: Re: Re: links are the only way

Originally posted by mountainmad
    I believe that no software can alter keywords and tweak a website for optimum density etc. as well as a human can.

Each page should not be optimised for no more than 2 keywords or phrases, or it will not rank well. Keywords should be in the title (once) and text of the page 3% - 8% depending on who you believe! - This involves experimentation over time.

Keywords in anchor text (link text on another site to your site) is just as important.

regards
    I see. Thanks very much for your recommendation!

Be very careful with the keywords you select. Many newbiess (I am guilty) that select keywords at the beginning select keywords that were far beyhond my cababilities since they were to competitive.
    Try to find keywords phrases of 2 - 3 words that target your market and makes sure that the competition level is under 40.000. Give or take.

You can get some more Small business tips here

Originally posted by Intensity
    You can get some more Small business tips here
    How about the black-hat techniques write there? I was noticed by my friend that using black-hat will let search engine block my site!

You are right. Search Engines are ketching on. Some of those will work. The problem with Black hat is that it gives you a good boost for a short while.. kinda like a shot of nitros in a car. But it is defiantly not recommended on the long term.

My opinion is to stay as white-hat as possilbe. But all white would just be too boring.

I guess that is why I got myself a black girl.

Thread Information