www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: What is a good Flash book to buy

Hybrid View

Question What is a good Flash book to buy

Out of the hundreds of choices on the book shelves I want to buy a good Flash MX book. I'm kind of on the beginning side of wanting to build professional pages with Flash MX, and right now I don't know how to start with the general set up, beginning with the loading swatch. I'm not looking for a design, neither scripting book. I'm not looking for a book that tells me how to use the basic tools and shows how to do a bouncing ball.

I'm looking for a book that tells me how and why I should set up this and that to achieve this and that effect. A book that shows me correctly build (not designed) Flash site and tells the steps that it was build. I'm sure for the advanced Flash pages -- scripting is needed; so, if the book gives me the script, it ought to explain why I need that script placed at what cell for what purpose. Thanks.

jms

Decide yourself by watching online store with descriptions.

Hi !

http://www.lynda.com/products/books/

I found by going through tutorials of this site and through some Cds that books are very lengthy to read, but these tutorials and Cds are much faster way of learning.

Anyhow, from this site lots of tons of information you will get abt every product of Flash.

All the best from me.

thanks, I'll try that

I'll try that link. Also, today I just found that I can get a bunch of books about Software from the library.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesx521 View Post
    Out of the hundreds of choices on the book shelves I want to buy a good Flash MX book. I'm kind of on the beginning side of wanting to build professional pages with Flash MX, and right now I don't know how to start with the general set up, beginning with the loading swatch. I'm not looking for a design, neither scripting book. I'm not looking for a book that tells me how to use the basic tools and shows how to do a bouncing ball.

I'm looking for a book that tells me how and why I should set up this and that to achieve this and that effect. A book that shows me correctly build (not designed) Flash site and tells the steps that it was build. I'm sure for the advanced Flash pages -- scripting is needed; so, if the book gives me the script, it ought to explain why I need that script placed at what cell for what purpose. Thanks.
    well, get some wonderful flash book samples: http://www.xflip.com/samples.html
    jms
    OK, flash book with page-flipping effect is really very fun to learn.

Thread Information