www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ipod warnings

ipod warnings

http://wdb.apple.com/ipodshuffle/ go down to the bottom and look at warning number 2...

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Re: ipod warnings

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    http://wdb.apple.com/ipodshuffle/ go down to the bottom and look at warning number 2...
    Haha, yep. I read that last night. I love it when corporate companies have such a friendly sense of humor! Go Google, Apple and Mozilla! Being formal is sooo late 1900s! Don't you get that by now, Microsoft?
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

I dunno... msdn sometimes has some funny articles.

I dunno... msdn sometimes has some funny articles.
    Truly? Hm, I hadn't noticed, but then again, I don't read MSDN much, since it hasn't been a very reliable resource for me in the past. It's also very difficult to use and navigate.

Originally posted by Jona
    Truly? Hm, I hadn't noticed, but then again, I don't read MSDN much, since it hasn't been a very reliable resource for me in the past. It's also very difficult to use and navigate.
    and frustrating.

Originally posted by Jona Haha, yep. I read that last night. I love it when corporate companies have such a friendly sense of humor! Go Google, Apple and Mozilla! Being formal is sooo late 1900s! Don't you get that by now, Microsoft?
    I do not think it is for humor, I think it has something to do with stupid lawsuits stupid people make against companies.

for more humor on this topic go to:
    http://www.geocities.com/piphateife/labels.html
    Last edited by smercer; 01-13-2005 at 11:17 PM.
    From: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040713-12.html
    George W Bush said on 13 July 2004:
    although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq.
    George Bush is officially a professional liar, and even professional liars make mistakes in telling lies.

You do bring up a point. I recall a woman filing suit against McDonald's fast-food restaurants for giving her hot coffee that burned her; apparently the label didn't say "Caution: contents may be hot" on it. I forget the details. She won the case, though, I believe.

You do bring up a point. I recall a woman filing suit against McDonald's fast-food restaurants for giving her hot coffee that burned her; apparently the label didn't say "Caution: contents may be hot" on it. I forget the details. She won the case, though, I believe.
    thats stupid. what was she expecting, Iced coffee?</sarcasm>

sounds like a get-rich-quick job via legal loop hole.
    Last edited by smercer; 01-13-2005 at 11:41 PM.
    although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq.
    George Bush is officially a professional liar, and even professional liars make mistakes in telling lies.

Originally posted by smercer

thats stupid. what was she expecting, Iced coffee?</sarcasm>

sounds like a get-rich-quick job via legal loop hole.
    There's more to the story. There is hot, and there is VERY hot. McDonald's coffee was VERY hot. McDonald's apparently pressurized the coffee makers so that the coffee could be heated past water's boiling point.

McDonald's KNEW that their coffee was dangerously hot, as there had been a series of very nasty scalds from the superheated coffee, and they'd been quietly paying it off. This woman simply decided to make a stink about it.

Sort of like the King who tried to order back the tide, what sounds incredibly stupid makes a lot more sense if you know the whole story.
    Last edited by Mr Initial Man; 01-14-2005 at 04:09 AM.

Actually I had just heard what I said from someone in the past, but never read about the case myself, so I didn't know the whole story. Interesting, though.

...so I didn't know the whole story. Interesting, though.
    Either way, it was a frivolous lawsuit...

Personal website http://www.ryanbrill.com/
    Business website: http://www.infinitywebdesign.com/
    TypeSpace http://www.typespace.org/

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

Talking about iPod and lawsuits.

Apple is threatening a Danish company with a copyright infringement lawsuit since the Danish company is manufacturing and marketing their small sized speakers as "Pod"'s.

There's only one problem - the Danish company has been manufacturing those speakers for years.

Originally posted by philaweb
    Talking about iPod and lawsuits.

Apple is threatening a Danish company with a copyright infringement lawsuit since the Danish company is manufacturing and marketing their small sized speakers as "Pod"'s.

There's only one problem - the Danish company has been manufacturing those speakers for years.
    That would be funny to see the outcome on that one. History shows it is not a good idea to rush into a lawsuit until you have investigated the facts.

Remember when AMD first brought out their first chip that would work in the same socket as Intel? Intel took AMD to court and they analysed the architecture of the AMD chip and found that it was very different to Intel’s chip, I was also found out in the court hearing that AMD was actually better the Intel. this is why AMD is so well known today.

Imagine if Intel had kept their nose out of other companies business we wouldn't know about AMD and we would be still having crappy CPUs because of no competion. Since AMD became popular Intel has made much better chips

Originally posted by smercer
    That would be funny to see the outcome on that one. History shows it is not a good idea to rush into a lawsuit until you have investigated the facts.

Remember when AMD first brought out their first chip that would work in the same socket as Intel? Intel took AMD to court and they analysed the architecture of the AMD chip and found that it was very different to Intel’s chip, I was also found out in the court hearing that AMD was actually better the Intel. this is why AMD is so well known today.

Imagine if Intel had kept their nose out of other companies business we wouldn't know about AMD and we would be still having crappy CPUs because of no competion. Since AMD became popular Intel has made much better chips
    Not neccessarily. I would not call AMD better then intel either.

Even if intel did not share a socket with it's competition there would still be competition. At one point there were tons of different architectures and sockets being used all over the place.

Today servers and work stations can be found using the following: x86 (intel and amd), ppc (power pc), sparc, epic, mips, and a few others.

Not neccessarily. I would not call AMD better then intel either.
    I am not being bias. there are advanages Intel has over AMD and advanages AMD has over Intel.

and I was refering to when AMD first came on the scene. since Intel had no competition, there was no reason to make quality chips.

Thread Information