dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Client issues & problems

Hybrid View

Question Client issues & problems

For the past 10 years, I have been designing, developing and maintaining websites for a variety of small businesses and employers. I have continually come up against clients and would-be clients who charge:

1) I Donít Have Time to Keep My Site Current.

2) My Site Doesnít Come Up in Search Engines. (They expect that just because they have a website, it will pop up in the 1st page of any search directory.)

3) My Site Doesnít Make Any Money. (This comment comes from mainly non e-commerce sites.)

In the ongoing struggle to find and keep clients, I was wondering how my WWW colleagues address these issues.

Thanks in advance

I've worked with small to medium sized businesses and business owners for over 6 years now. I run into these types of comments quite a bit, but tend to look at them more as buying questions...

In other words, don't treat it as an objection, but think about it in the terms that they are saying that they want a site, but don't have time to update it, or get it on the search engines, or sell products. This is really an opportunity for you to provide a solution to their problems.

I've personally closed a ton of sales with that alone.

On the other hand, there are some customers that really don't want a site, and some customers there you really don't want.

Thread Information