www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: installin formated 255gb hdd ide..wont show

installin formated 255gb hdd ide..wont show

well i have a 255gb ide harddrive that is formated and empty. I put it on slave mode and hooked it up. But after i staret up i dont show. I checked the disk manager and it aint there either. Because this hdd has no stickers or brandname i dont know were to get drivers.....but shouldnt xppro automatically installi anyways..plug&play...if anyone can help plz do.

what is pm2...cs,slave,master, and there is a pm2 option..i tried it..but i span the hdd but there was a blcak screen with a cursor and thats it..

Is the hard drive spinning when you turn it on?
    "If at first you do suceed, try not to look astonished."
    I have 50 gmail invitations at my disposal, if you want one pm me with your First and Last name and your email address
    HTTPGuru

go to my computer, right click it and go to properties. Click on hardware then click on device manager. Look for it there. Or better yet, on startup go into bios (usually to o this you hit del while your pc is posting) and make sure it is alive in bios.

Do not expect to be able to use all of your 255gb drive, windows has some issues about big drives and will cut off at lower then 255... my 200 cuts off at ab out 160gig. I have been too lazy to try partition magic or something to take that other remaining block that windows forgot and turn it into an ntfs partition so maybe windows might see it. But oh well. I figure heck if windows cant see that partition, linux can, and if I need to take out one of my ide drives it is going to be the one linux is on so I might just put linux on my 200 gig sata.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 01-22-2005 at 12:06 AM.

ill try that..and i always wanted to run a type of linuxmaybe ill do that too.

Thread Information