dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Report Writing Question

Report Writing Question

I am currrently developing a program which is web based, it connect to the database to produce information, the next phase of this project will be the ability to create reports.

The report like the normal forms will bring in the vast amounts of data and sort it out, however, HTML does not traditionally pagenate anything, and I was wondering if there was a webbased tools that is ideal for this particular query, so that if I bung the information in, it will pagenate the report.

Thanks for any information provided regarding this query

what's your project in and how is it accessing the database ect?

The project uses a program called Flash Connect to connect to the database which is 'PICK'.
    Now the connection itself is fine however the problem comes when we want to write away a report, the software handles the connection and transfers the data over, however, I need something that will work in a browser that will pagenate the page. So for instance we can set a page size input the information and the program will automatically align the data. The problem is, what program, that works in a normal browser can allow us to set a page size and paramters????

CSS might be able to help you: http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/page.html
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information