dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Review Plz!

Review Plz!

Hai,

We have developed and lanuched an site ,

http://www.httptree.com.

This site is an Webmaster Rsource Index, where people can submit their resource, community , products , tutorials , hosting company . etc.

we would like you to review our site, and also submit your resource to us and make this site as No1 resource for webmasters.

Regards

vinoth

[list=1][*]Tables for layout == bad code, not really appropriate for a webmasters resource site is it?[*]The layout looks more like one of those directory sites, aimed at making money rather than helping the user.[/list=1]

Two complete <html> pages including two doctypes and two complete built in stylesheets.

Not much of a developers resource.

*edit- oops I miscounted, there are three of each:

I agree with the two previous postings, on all accounts. The massive amount of advertising/company references seriously affects the integrity of your site.

The last thing the Web needs is another site solely made up of links to other sites. That's what a Google Search (as is included in your page) is for.

Try organizing your intentions for this site - WHY am I creating a site? If you don't know, or are doing it because you've received free web space, reconsider. If you're doing it to create a helpful resource, write actual content and choose supplementary resources, such as links, to complement it - not stand in as its stead.

One last thing - Revisit the cloud/sun graphics. At first glance, your page appears to be something linked off the Weather Channel.

Good Luck -

Thread Information