www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Hibernate Issues....

Hibernate Issues....

Strangest thing is going on so I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered this and found a solution other than a complete reload.

First, let me say this, I know for a fact that no spyware, ad-ware, or other malicious software exists on my system; I make it a point to know my system.

Here's the problem. I get to Power Managment and check "Enable Hibernate"; on clicking apply or ok, Windows tells me that it cannot reserve the file and that another process is using it. (See attached)
    I always have "Hide Hidden and System Files" disabled, as well as "Hide protected operating system files", so I searched for the hibernation file, nothing. Searched thorough all running procs for a handle to the file, nothing. What is going on?

Nevermind guys, I cracked it.

Having the thought that the Dialog could have been talking about a power management file and not the hiber file it self; I came to the realization that Alcohol 120% was the culprit (it uses ATAPI.sys, as does Power Managment). I uninstalled A120, enabled Hibernate, then reinstalled A120 and it works without a hitch now. So, there's the solution if any of you guys have this problem.

I ran into the problem too. But I usually just enable hybernate when I first install windows then there is never any problem.

had that problem too

yeah i had that problem too, only with zone alarm (which i find to be intrusive, but effective security parameters), but i too enable hibernet upon the installing or more Reinstalling if anything.. hahah..
    Last edited by lunaticwraith; 01-25-2005 at 10:44 PM.

Thread Information