dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Monitor problem, green not showing

Hybrid View

Monitor problem, green not showing

Hi there,

I guess my monitor is dying! Maybe this is the time to go TFT..
    Anyway, I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this before. The thing is, the green color doesn't seem to show up.. so the effect is a total reddish tint that makes headaches! At first I couldn't say what the problem was, but then I started playing with the color controls and I realized that moving the green slider didn't change the picture.
    This happens everytime I turn the monitor on, every morning, then after some minutes the image suddenly transforms and it's all ok. However, some days (like today) the son of a bit** just stays red! See the picture below, it's a close-up of the Dreamweaver shortcut on my taskbar. As you all probably know, it's supposed to be green, but it's orange..
    Does anyone have a clue on whether this is a monitor or a graphics card problem?

http://pwp.net.ipl.pt/alunos.escs/29...nitor_prob.jpg

If you can take a screen shot of it and it is not green to us then it is not a moniter issue. You posted a photograph, but post a screen shot and we will look at it. It sounds most like a graphics card issue. You running nvidia? I can't help you with ati but I run an nvidia card so I might be able to look at my settings and try to reproduce this.

ps: I can turn off green completely and adjust contrasts, hues, and all sorts of stuff from my video card controls.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 01-31-2005 at 07:28 PM.

I actually didn't think about the screenshot thing!
    I'm using an ATI card.. here's a screenshot, check out the green button, it's black here!

http://pwp.net.ipl.pt/alunos.escs/29.../ati_shot1.jpg

It looks green to me.

It looks green to me as well. Perhaps you have the contrast of your monitor set wrong... You might try messing with the knobs/buttons on your monitor. I've experienced this before. It was because my little sister messed with the buttons on my monitor so I had to revert the settings.

viewmatch color can also affect it. My moniter has that option and I can play with the colors using that.

Yeah now that the monitor decided to be normal I can see the green as well, and this can only lead me to one conclusion: it's a problem with the monitor, not the graphics card.

I tried messing with the colors already, won't work, the green slider doesn't affect the image on the screen when the problem is happening. I'm not an expert but I know that a CRT monitor has a ray gun that shoots electrons at a certain frequency (refresh rate) to excite the phosphor material that forms the pixels.. now if one of the three RGB colors isn't showing up maybe the electrons for that color have all decided to rest a bit.. I don't know, just a possibility! Anyway, it will probably be more expensive to get it fixed that buy a new TFT..!

my friend got the same problems
    Will it work properly again if we fiddle with the monitor controls?
    Please help

A common problem that I find that people have is that the monitors cable is not in the port enough giving a yellow and/or a greenish tint :P

Thread Information