dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Bug on my PC ?

Hybrid View

Bug on my PC ?

I am getting an error accessing www.ealingcc.co.uk (“Nothing to displayerror” every five or so clicks) which I cannot replicate on any other PC, either using my internet connection or other PCs and connections (clients, friends, internet café’s etc).

Image of error: http://www.ealingcc.co.uk/test/error.jpg

It doesn’t appear to be browser dependent, happening on my PC in
    - IE 6.0.2900.2180 with sp2 installed
    - Firefox 1.0
    - Avant Browser 10.0 build 035

www.ealingcc.co.uk is based on PHP and MySQL and delivers information based on the URL in the browser.

I have another test site set up exactly the same way, here: www.simonduncan.co.uk/home/index.php (same content, same data, same database settings, same permisssions). What is really odd is that I cannot replicate the same error accessing this from my PC (or again any others).

I have:
    - scanned and re-scanned my PC with different virus packages (Panda, Norton, Spyware stuff)
    - I have cleaned and re-cleaned my Windows Registry

No problems apparently.

This is leading me to distraction, since it is happening to the PC that I develop on… and cannot move on whilst experiencing this error!

Any ideas?

Simon

It does not sound like a problem with your pc. It sound's like a server issue. Could be related to load.

Maybe... but...

Well that was my initial thought.... but my server company spent all wekend attempting to recreate the error and failed...

2 things...

- I have never replicated the error on any other PC on any internet connection (mine or others)

- I have exactly the same software set up on www.simonduncan.co.uk/home/index.php which has never ever given me this error on my PC.

Simon

Thread Information