dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Were the forums down a few minutes ago?

Were the forums down a few minutes ago?

I tried getting on and the page stopped loading after the upser cp, register, calender etc buttons and the top links were not styled. Was something wrong, or was it just me?

Yes, we were making a minor change to the forum home page.

Oh lord its so ugly... ~shields his eyes~ Also, it makes the page scroll really badly when viewing on 800x600 resolution, could ya put it back the way it was?
    Last edited by Neczy; 02-07-2005 at 03:40 PM.

Can you move the ads back to the top corner?

Yes, please put it back. There is so much less room to view the boards when it's pushed to the side like that. Why can't we have pretty forums like some of the other boards on the WebDeveloper network?

This is ridiculous and ugly and not user-friendly. Please change it back or do something!

Yes, please put it back.

The format has been altered to this for a reason. It is a good reason so it will probably stay like this for quite a while.

Originally posted by Jick
    The format has been altered to this for a reason. It is a good reason so it will probably stay like this for quite a while.

AWW you made me cry *cough* not realy*/coagh*

Such a good reason that it will cause people to stop visiting? I, for one, am from this point forward never visiting the main page - I am going to subscribe to forums and only visit my user control panel until it is changed back. I'm very frustrated. Who wants to visit forums that look like crap? I know that's very straightforward, but honestly the color don't match and the whole color scheme for these forums needs to be changed.

Thanks to URI id and Firefox, I'll probably end up using a user stylesheet to remedy the problem of ugliness...

I think we all agree that it is ugly, hope it was a really good reason.

No colors whatsoever were changed. They remain exactly as before. Only page placements were changed.

Yeah, it still is ugly. As a Web Development that can involve some design we are putting the name to shame. The page has absolutely no flow, there are intruding ads and there is a huge horizontal scrollbar. How can we 'preach' about things like making pages look nice in smaller resolutions and the like when this forum does it too? I'm also doing what Jona did and stepped it up a little further. I've disabled ads on your page, and I've stopped going there. I was all for helping out the site, seeing ads is fine, but when you throw in my face I'm not going to look at them, and to clarify I'm talking about the ad on the bottom of the page, since I'm no longer going to the home page. Regards.
    Last edited by Neczy; 02-08-2005 at 10:39 AM.

Originally posted by JPnyc
    No colors whatsoever were changed. They remain exactly as before. Only page placements were changed.
    I realize that, but they originally were a blue/purple color. That color scheme was bearable -- why such bold and obnoxious colors as yellow and red, though? I just wish the forum could look good. That's all. (Sorry if I sounded rude in my last post. I try to avoid getting frustrated, but this one was pushing it.)

Ah you mean the color change that occurred about a yr ago. I guess I'm alone in liking this color scheme. It's a lot easier on my eyes than some others.

Thread Information