www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Image reload with every page - True or false?

Image reload with every page - True or false?

Image reload with every page - True or false?

I'm almost finished with a client website:

http://www.illufoxdesign.com/HWF/home.htm

A friend in Europe just told me that on his computer the images reload with every new page. He says that he doesn't have this problem with other websites.

I've tested with IE 6, Netscape 7.1 and Modzilla Firefox. All browsers show the site normal as it's supposed to look. The client doesn't seem to have this happen on his machine either.

Now I wonder if there's something I don't know, something I need to add or change in order for this not to happen. I'm also wondering if anybody on this forum has the image reload on every page happen?

Any help are greatly appreciated.

it caches for me.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Thanks, good to know.

caches for me too, I suggest you tell your friend to take a look at their internet settings.

My friend is saying that he doesn't experience this problem with any other websites, but he admitted that his settings don't allow cache.
    I wonder how other websites work this problem?

If he doesn't allow caching then he definatley will experience the same problem.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

Thread Information