www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: FTP Login

FTP Login

Howdy Folks!

I've got a problem with my website, www.dannyrod.net . I started it up while spending my break at home in San Antonio, then came back up to campus (I live in a dorm) and tried to update it and was unable to do so. Basically, the university has certain ports blocked (including 21, which is usually used for FTP business) and I can't access my server through it. I use Dreamweaver and have tried changing the port # several times, but to no avail.

Is there any specific port I can change it to to get it to work? I haven't updated in over a month, so this is pretty much money down the drain until I can get things working. I don't know what to change in order to continue updating my website, so any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
    Danny Rodriguez
    "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge."
    -Proverbs 1:3

[list=1][*]This is not related to accesability [*]You are viewing this site, so use whatever port your using for http[/list=1]
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

moved to general
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Thread Information