www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Google hasn't index my site in 5-6 months... WHY?

Question Google hasn't index my site in 5-6 months... WHY?

My website, www.smartestartist.com isn't indexed in google. It's very strange, one page is, but this is from months and months ago. I should be getting good rankings if it would index it!

It's an art supplies website and through www.msn.com we are number 2 for "art supplies" , #1 for "drafting supplies", and #1 for "graphic art supplies".

We have decent rankings in a few other engines too, but we need google to really bring in the traffic. Any suggestions???

Re: Google hasn't index my site in 5-6 months... WHY?

Originally posted by OuterBox
    Any suggestions???
    You should try to optimize for a permalink URI structure, i.e. no generic "?" in the URI's, which really turns Google off.

Have you ever counted how many times you need to click a link to get to actual content? Your content is way burried within the website, another turn off for Google.

Content = text. It's really that simple.

Re: Google hasn't index my site in 5-6 months... WHY?

Originally posted by OuterBox
    My website, www.smartestartist.com isn't indexed in google. It's very strange, one page is, but this is from months and months ago. I should be getting good rankings if it would index it!

It's an art supplies website and through www.msn.com we are number 2 for "art supplies" , #1 for "drafting supplies", and #1 for "graphic art supplies".

We have decent rankings in a few other engines too, but we need google to really bring in the traffic. Any suggestions???
    That's very scary. It didn't know such thing is possible. Let us know if you find the reason. Is it possible that google is punishing your site for some thing?

I have no idea. It is scary...and it sucks. I would be getting a lot more business. Were getting 20,000 product views a month now just from msn.

Re: Re: Google hasn't index my site in 5-6 months... WHY?

Originally posted by philaweb
    You should try to optimize for a permalink URI structure, i.e. no generic "?" in the URI's, which really turns Google off.
    Hmm, I didn't know about that. Could you tell more about it - I did a search on google for more info about it but I didn't find much.

Last edited by philaweb; 07-03-2005 at 06:31 PM.

Oee nice, a whole new world opens for me

Thanks.

Well, I don't do the programming....so I will have to have our programmer check that out.

It is listed.
    BUT..
    If you look inside the "index.htm", there is virtually nothing to search for. I don't think the company name even appears anyplace within the text. Also, because it is ASP, I suspect that Google is unable to really find anything to include in their searches. You will probably find that it is not crawling into the site at all.

There isn't an index.htm. Should I make one upload that. It might get indexed? I could also make a few pages that could get indexed too. I guess I should do that.

My other site, outerboxdesign.com isn't indexed either, and that one really should be!

Google has no problem with searching ASP files... ASP are server-side scripts, so the source code is only visible to the server itself. From the outside (for GoogleBot and your visitors), they see actual HTML output... ie: a normal webpage.

Thread Information