Dreamweaver mm_menu.js Z-index Problem
You can view the code here:
The problem I'm having, and have had with the script before is getting it to appear above form elements or flash in IE. I know you can make flash transparents and get around it, but this time its form elements that need to stay where they are. This is such an easy menu to use, I just wish it didn't have this one problem.
It works fine in firefox, so I didn't even notice because that is what I usually use.
I tried changing the z-index:1 to z-index:99 but it didn't work.
Any help is much appreciated!
I am having the EXACT same problem so if there is anyone out there that can help - it would be very much apreciated.
your link goes nowhere.
can you supply a valid one?
Design first! Code later!
I am having the same problem and would love a fix for this!!
Originally Posted by Kor
Oh I agree... but this is code I have inherited
i am awfully sorry for that
Same with Flash, if it's layout is not transparent. But if it is transparent, the problem will be backwards, you will be not be able to touch the form's element through the Flash's transparency . There might be some very intricate ways to solve those problems (but not always crossbrowser) so my advice is to modify the layout of the site, so that the expanded menu should not cover the form's elements.
Last edited by Kor; 08-09-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)