www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Novel ways to speed up Windows

Shared Ram sux A$$

Originally posted by theuedimaster
    All i know is that celerons use system ram for graphics etc....
    Are you saying that if you had a Celeron CPU and a 6800Ultra gfx card, it would use the system RAM?
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Originally posted by David Harrison
    Are you saying that if you had a Celeron CPU and a 6800Ultra gfx card, it would use the system RAM?
    Using a Celeron with a 6800UGFX would be like replacing your Ferrari's engine with that of a 1985 Honda CRX. Or commiting digital Harakiri.
    Faster than an OC-48 Line! More powerful than an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor! Able to jump entire forums in a single bound!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF...

Feeling the angst of a teenage torpor? Visit A to the Power of Two for help/hinderance.

"...and the Lord said to John, Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life, but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
    <jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

Farrais and lambergins are over rated A super chagrded Honda Prelude SH would somke it

Originally posted by Jupac
    Farrais and lambergins are over rated A super chagrded Honda Prelude SH would somke it
    Man... I dunno... I rode in a 360 Modena, with Formula 1 tabs, and that thing pwned. Not only that, but it cornered well, and made THE most awesome noise when the driver, a friend of my dad, gunned it from the stoplight, peeled out, and zoomed to one-f***ing-eighty in on a residential 45MPH expressway.

Regardless, why would anyone run a Celeron with expensive hardware? The purpose of the chip is to be able to buy a relatively high GHz processor for an affordable price; so to buy high-cost and performance hardware and then run it of a Celeron is a waste of money in my opinion.

-Gorky
    Faster than an OC-48 Line! More powerful than an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor! Able to jump entire forums in a single bound!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF...

Feeling the angst of a teenage torpor? Visit A to the Power of Two for help/hinderance.

"...and the Lord said to John, Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life, but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
    <jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

Originally posted by David Harrison
    Yes, unfortuantely, I think it would. But usually there never is that problem with high-end cards.. because... there is no reason in hell to pair up a celeron and a high-end video card.
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

I used to have Norton AntiVirus. That really unnecessarily busies your system and hard drive. I found out about AVG Free Edition from my dad, who said a computer expert recommended it to him. The only thing I don't like about AVG is that it scans like every day, and that REALLY slows me down, but I disabled that. I just have to remember to manually scan.

And of course the program that saved my godmother's computer and my mom's friend's computer (because of mass downloading) from extreme slowness: Lavasoft Ad-Aware. There's SE Personal on their computers, but actually just yesterday I found out about Ad-Aware 2007, and it's scanning for the first time on my computer as I type this.

I do AVG scans, Ad-Aware scans, and Disc Cleanup weekly, and I do Disk Defragmenter every couple months.

My computer is SO fast!

Eric, could you do us all a favor and resist the constant urge you seem to have to re-open long-dead threads? (This one has been dead for almost 2-1/2 years!)

Thanks.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog
    Eric, could you do us all a favor and resist the constant urge you seem to have to re-open long-dead threads? (This one has been dead for almost 2-1/2 years!)

Thanks.
    If I wanted to talk about those topics, though, you're saying I should start completely new threads about them, in which would be closed by a moderator, etc. anyway?

I am fully aware that nobody has posted in it for two and a half years. I personally don't see a problem with reviving threads, though if there is a major reason, (meaning server space, traffic issues, confusion, etc... actually I doubt service space is an issue for this forum,) please let me know....

I actually think it's kind of neat to revive threads. They may have been great threads with good potentials, it's just that nobody may have noticed them, so with threads that I think have potential or that I'm interested in, I post in them. I don't look at as "reviving threads after two and a half years," simply posting my words in threads and giving the threads more of a chance to live.

Wow, long rant....

I suppose that I don't really belong here. I've mentioned a couple of times that I registered here because of the Dell vs HP thread, and then I started helping people in Computer Issues and in the Coffee Lounge, so.... After all this I don't think that I belong here. Have any of you noticed? I don't have one post in any of the web development sections- I'm all in the "etc." section. No, it's obvious and I can tell now: For the third time, I don't belong here.
    Last edited by EricG1793; 07-19-2007 at 08:47 PM.

Thread Information