www.webdeveloper.com
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We're looking for PHP authors for PHPBuilder.com

Where using a technical term that newbies may not be familiar with then the word could be made into a link to a glossary entry that defines what that particular term means. That way those who don't know what it means can find out while those that do can continue reading without being interrupted by a description they don't need.
    Stephen

Or fel, they could get off their ass and look it up. Who's to say the website will still exist. Personally php.net has about 99% of the stuff you need to know definition wise and google has the rest.

I think that I was a little tired when I typed what I typed. What I meant by it all is explaining how things work without using UNNEEDED acronyms and jargon. There is a certain level that is needed, of course, for the person learning to really get a grip on the coding and to be able to talk to others about it. But, filling it full of acronyms and jargon from the get-go is a mistake that turns alot of people away in sheer confusion.

I looked around these forums and did find the zend link for learning PHP, though. And so far, I am quite happy with it. Seems to be a little easier to follow than the O'Reilly approach to it, haha. Those guys at O'Reilly a uber smart, but they seem to assume that anyone reading their material is on that same level. I am not a stupid guy, but their complete techie approach to it is rediculous.

Note: If it seemed as though I was downplaying the learning experience of this site, I am sorry. That wasn't intended. I have learned alot from these forums and from htmlgoodies. Was mainly commenting on the countless PHP books I have tried to drudge through to learn anything.

Would be rather cool though if someone could put together a video class on PHP (or any other coding language) to view here. The audio and visual experience would round it out to help those with different learning styles. Some people (like myself) have a hard time learning by just simply reading when it comes to things a bit more technical. I personally, learn better by speaking with someone and doing things while they are speaking to me. With my constant work schedule and lack of sleep I find it harder to stay focused on text for very long.
    I'm still a beginner, no matter how long I have been doing this...

Quote Originally Posted by shixter
    I am not a stupid guy
    their complete techie approach to it is rediculous.
    I find they are written in very plain English and they don't have the demeaning nature of a lot of the material that comes from US publishing houses (dumbed down and repeative).
    a video class on PHP
    Sounds very American.
    my constant work schedule and lack of sleep
    I saw some stats the other day that said the average US citizen works an average of 3 hours a day more than the comparitive EU worker. Maybe you should come to live this side of the pond; it might give you a chance to learn PHP and spend some time with your family.

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh
    I saw some stats the other day that said the average US citizen works an average of 3 hours a day more than the comparitive EU worker. Maybe you should come to live this side of the pond; it might give you a chance to learn PHP and spend some time with your family.

Im on my way!

Talking

I find they are written in very plain English and they don't have the demeaning nature of a lot of the material that comes from US publishing houses (dumbed down and repeative).Sounds very American.I saw some stats the other day that said the average US citizen works an average of 3 hours a day more than the comparitive EU worker. Maybe you should come to live this side of the pond; it might give you a chance to learn PHP and spend some time with your family.
    I'll just have to get through the tutorials bits and pieces at a time when I have time. I do need a vacation though.
    I'm still a beginner, no matter how long I have been doing this...

Sounds very American.
    Look who they chose as president.
    'nuf said.

Quote Originally Posted by boxxertrumps
    Look who they chose as president.
    'nuf said.

Only a slight majority elected him. (on top of that only about 33% of Americans vote) Unfortunately the religious right can get there people out easier than the lazy democrats. Also in 2000 we didnít elect him the Supreme Court did.

Donít worry though. In 08 Hillary will save the day

P.S. (on topic)
    Some information about what you are looking for would be useful. The question has been asked umpteen times on this thread with no answers. Figure a well written article on a simple concept could take 10 or so hours or many, many more for a more complex topic. It is hard to find writers willing to spend all of that time to be told that the topic is not needed. Or to spend 60 hours writing an excellent tutorial on complex subject matter and only be offered $100 for it.

hi

Quote Originally Posted by sclark
    Do you have some great PHP topics that you'd like to write about (and get paid for)? We're looking for high quality PHP articles to publish on PHPBuilder.com. If you're interested, send me a note at sclark at jupitermedia.com with your proposed article!
    Thanks,
    Scott
    hi am good in php language.......am ready to start helping u

Quote Originally Posted by dodo_79
    hi am good in php language.......am ready to start helping u
    As Scott said, send him a note at sclark at jupitermedia.com with your proposed article.
    Lee

""Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."" -- Sir Winston Churchill

Yes

can u ve a look at my article at:
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-623...sageID=2347631

do you want something to be written like that?Reply me

Quote Originally Posted by LiLcRaZyFuZzY
    thiiiiiis big
    actually when i last measured it was this big:

|_______________________________________________________________|

but yeaa

thank you Kelly23 and SuzanneB !! my problem is that i don't have idea of this PHP scripts i saw and hear of it but basically i don't know how exactly it should be writen. does any one have any idea of generating this PHP scripts automatically as when we develop the form in Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.

Thank you ,with regards awaiting for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by k_wsaka
    thank you Kelly23 and SuzanneB !! my problem is that i don't have idea of this PHP scripts i saw and hear of it but basically i don't know how exactly it should be writen. does any one have any idea of generating this PHP scripts automatically as when we develop the form in Macromedia Dreamweaver 8. Thank you ,with regards awaiting for your reply.
    Please don't steal the thread. You need to open a new one. This one is about authors for PHPBuilder.com.
    Lee

""Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened."" -- Sir Winston Churchill

I will defo be finding something to write about...as soon as I find my quill.
    Design first! Code later!

Thread Information