www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We're looking for PHP authors for PHPBuilder.com

Well Jupitermedia owns internet.com... although it is a (quite) ugly site, the domain name is meaningful...
    pointfiftyae

Quote Originally Posted by sclark
    Do you have some great PHP topics that you'd like to write about (and get paid for)? We're looking for high quality PHP articles to publish on PHPBuilder.com. If you're interested, send me a note at sclark at jupitermedia.com with your proposed article!
    Thanks,
    Scott
    I don't think I'm good enough to write a tutorial but if some one else can write one I think there would be lot of people who would love to see a tutorial for a multi page form with back and forward buttons using sessions. Also with the added ability to jump straight to any page in the form.

I have had a need for this a couple of times before but never been able to manage it properly myself or found a good tutorial.

Thanks

Asa
    Asa Carter

What kinds of articles does PHPBuilder.com want? I mean, would it be tutorials, or examples, or "extra" php development goodies,or something else entirely? And also, what IS the pay?
    I have some experience in PHP, HTML, Javascript, and Java.

GET YOUR FREE DOMAIN TODAY!!! FOR REAL!!!

JOIN THE WEBASE COMMUNITY NOW AND GET FREE HOSTING AND A LOT OF OTHER THINGS

AIMForum.com - Ready, AIM, Chat! | Google Talk Forum - Where the world talks about Google! | GIGMAX : YOUR SPACE, YOUR STORAGE

Heh, I need thew php for dummies first. All my code was pre-written for me.

I would love to be able to write my own.

Well, learn PHP, then you'll be able to write your own stuff

Quote Originally Posted by asa_carter
    I don't think I'm good enough to write a tutorial but if some one else can write one I think there would be lot of people who would love to see a tutorial for a multi page form with back and forward buttons using sessions. Also with the added ability to jump straight to any page in the form.

I have had a need for this a couple of times before but never been able to manage it properly myself or found a good tutorial.

Thanks

Asa

I find the best way to do this is to use a session variable as an array;

$_SESSION['my_form']['name'];
    $_SESSION['my_form']['address'];
    etc..

You can assign one to each form elemt you wish to store, which then allows you to move about the pages in any order and retain the data as long as you have not cleared the session variable and have not strated a new session (closing and oopening browser)

When the session variable(s) need reseting just call:

unset($_SESSION['my_form']);

n.b. it's worth checking that the session is set before unsetting otherwise you get a error message.

I thought this was about helping with coding. I was coming in here to say if you all are going to be helping with the code of this forum maybe when in there ya'll can stop using depricated tags. get up to specs. ya know. like <font> tags and CAPITAL Anchor tags. Amongst all kinds of other errors and stuff against XHTML Specs. Like <LI> <A> <UL> and who uses <br /> as much as Jupiter does who knows. I think on every page I have ever created the total <br /> tags I ever used in any document is 2. The Style sheet is embedded in every page making it load slower.

Save some bandwidth for WebDeveloper optimize and streamline.
    Last edited by Markbad311; 03-08-2006 at 05:55 PM.

I would love to write articles. Please tell me more about it.

If you send the article, what's to stop them from just taking and and having their way with it and not paying? :O

JM no longer interested?

Quote Originally Posted by vamsee
    I would love to write articles. Please tell me more about it.
    Now I am still awaiting the reply to this! Or is Jupitermedia no longer interested in submissions!

Ronald
    RTFM is an almost extinct art form, it should be subsidized.

lol antionline.

I know I could use some good plain-english tutorials on PHP. I have many books and the are boring and quite simply tech it up too much to keep the brain stimulated. I understand most of the jargon, but all that jargon makes the learning process frustrating.

Is it possible for someone to teach coding without having to stroke their ego in all the terms they know? We already know their smart, lol.
    I'm still a beginner, no matter how long I have been doing this...

I know I could use some good plain-english tutorials on PHP. I have many books and the are boring and quite simply tech it up too much to keep the brain stimulated. I understand most of the jargon, but all that jargon makes the learning process frustrating.

Is it possible for someone to teach coding without having to stroke their ego in all the terms they know? We already know their smart, lol.
    It's not about stroking your ego; when you speak with other people about PHP it gives you a base vocabulary that is standard, the same definition, making it much easier to communicate. Better be careful who you ask your questions to when you call stuff "that thingy."

Some people teach their young children that cows and dogs are called "Moo Moos" and "Woof Woofs". Personally though I believe learning the correct terminology from day one gives them a better foundation from which to examine and question their environment.

I agree, It is best to learn the correct methods from the start. I didn't and not years down the track i suffer from it.

Just write an article you feel comfortable with, that you think would benefit others and submit it. I would assume it is a pay per view royalty payment scheme?

Thread Information