www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Surfing problems... Please help!

Surfing problems... Please help!

I keep getting alot of "The page cannot be displayed" errors when surfing. I doesn't happen all the time but it does far too often... Can someone PLEASE Help??

the first thing to do is contact your ISP(internet service provider) and see if the problem lies with them(most likly), if not then try reinstalling your browser, maybe you had a problem with it(if your using IE then it might be hard to get a new copy so I recomend installing firefox instead or installing IE to a different partition of your harddrive and testing it there).

other than that I can't think of any probs.
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...
    The same applies to HTML and the forums [HTML][/HTML] tags.

If you're using a wireless internet connection, this can happen if your connection is poor or inconsistent. If you're on a hard-line, disregard this. If you are on a wireless internet, you should moniter your connection details and see what your average signal rating is. If it's poor, consider either moving your computer or router to a more effective wireless configuration (ie don't put your router near large amounts of lead, humidity, other wireless devices, or near a window) or you can consider getting a better router or a signal boosting aparatus.
    Faster than an OC-48 Line! More powerful than an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor! Able to jump entire forums in a single bound!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF...

Feeling the angst of a teenage torpor? Visit A to the Power of Two for help/hinderance.

"...and the Lord said to John, Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life, but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
    <jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

Try a different browser first of all, that may be one problem. Try Opera, Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, or Avant. If it still occurs, I'd switch interent providers pronto.
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

Did Anyone Help??

Quote Originally Posted by jmartel
    I keep getting alot of "The page cannot be displayed" errors when surfing. I doesn't happen all the time but it does far too often... Can someone PLEASE Help??
    I have the same problem. It seems to only happen when I go to certain pages. Bank login, Post an ad, Buy something online....... Any help would be great!
    Thanks

delete your temporary internet files

if those have gotten big then it spends time looking for cached pages which may exceed the timing of the new page refreshing.

I have to admit I agree with harrisjw. That always fixes it for me.

I would use this Browser that is talked about in this thread. I have been using mine since its conception. The whole breakaway browser was top notch for me.

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=171019
    <LIFE><!----Insert boring stuff here----></LIFE>

A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?

Yo' momma's .sig is so big, she's got to use a full screen editor just to edit it!

Thread Information