www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Center Page in all 'Platforms'

Center Page in all 'Platforms'

I am looking to see if there is any way i can center my page in all platforms(wrong word sorry, but i can't think of how to say it)? (IE, Mozilla...ect.) anyone know how?
    BroadBandReports.com

tables or css?
    using css you need margin: auto; on the element to be centered and text-align: center as the work around for IE.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

I mainly use tables. Considering im fairly new to this and that is the easiest thing.
    BroadBandReports.com

obviously CSS is better than tables, but try using

<table style="margin: auto; text-align: left;">
    (as in, add the style section into your table tag)

Then put a div around the entire page with text-align: center;

<div style="text-align: center;">
    your table and page contents
    </div>

On the other hand, if you aren't concerned at all about accessibility and just posted in the wrong forum, nest a table round the lot and centrally align the table inside it. Nested tables are a bad idea though...
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

IE5 is a problem here though. You'll need to specify "text-align: center;" to the BODY. On the containing DIV, set "margin-left:auto;margin-right:auto;" to get the widest possible consistency as some browsers don't get shorthand CSS.

The code I provided works perfectly in IE4 upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSW
    The code I provided works perfectly in IE4 upwards.
    Aye it does, although BODY is also a container that should be appropriately styled according to the contents and their positioning requirements.

Thread Information