www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Fool Google and be safe?

Fool Google and be safe?

Let's say I make an entirely different site (different domain, different provider) and get high rankings for it by braking all the rules. Then I place only one visible link saying "the site has moved. click here to go to the new location". Which takes the visitor to my real site.

It will work. I reported to Google a high-ranking site that was using CSS to hide whole lists of keywords and that site is still there (with its high rankings) after more than a month.

And here is the dilema:

If this doesn't harm the real site, then it is a good thing to do (I mean, you haven't got anything to lose, right?).

If it does harm the real site, then it might be a good thing to do to your competitor.

LOL. I just thought it's about time someone said Google has a pretty dumb robot. I'm tired of sites ranking above me by braking the rules. It doesn't even pick up sites <title>that repeat the same thing in the title. that repeat the same thing in the title. </title> quite the contary, this seems to give them a boost.

Great con idea . I'd be too scared to attemp something like that for my website because you never know when they will ban you!

The problem is, the rules as you stated, are whatever Google let you get away with. The same applies to kids. He who dares and all that!

Thread Information