www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Auto power up

Get a UPS. It will give constant, uninterrupted power even when the power is out (temporarily).
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

Yes there is an easy way. Just go into bios, your computer probably has the option about what to do following ac power loss. Mine does, I have mine set to stay off. I agree with
    theuedimaster though, a ups is a nice thing to have.

But it will not do crap durring a hurricane ... that is why you need a gas generator too. I hooked my computer up briefly to a generator durring the hurricane (my power was out for 5 days during / after hurricane francis last summer) so I could get some work done.

Was the internet working too?
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

Quote Originally Posted by theuedimaster
    Was the internet working too?
    Yes. I am on cable internet and all of our broadband is burried. But our power lines are all above ground in this part of town and trees were down all over the place. That is why we had no power for 5 days, they kept having to clear lines. JEA actually fried 2 genorators because they tried to turn on the power before some of the grids were ready. The reason we still even have above ground lines is because developers are lame. They are bulding building building and the electric company is having to work to power all of the new neighborhoods and cannot bring a lot of the existing neighborhoods up to speed. The developers very much rule this city... I do not like them.

Sounds like New York City.

Considering that I normally lose power at least once during each summer (normally it's short, sometimes it's like the big northeast blackout we had) I found that preparing my computer so that I can at least shut it down properly was a wise investment. An older computer of mine actually kicked the bucket because of a power surge/blackout.

Oy, don't get me started on those rolling blackouts Cali had about four years ago. I was working off a desktop at the time with no back up power source and every now and then the power would go out for random periods of time and I'd be stuck without a comp. Pain in the ass.
    Faster than an OC-48 Line! More powerful than an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor! Able to jump entire forums in a single bound!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF...

Feeling the angst of a teenage torpor? Visit A to the Power of Two for help/hinderance.

"...and the Lord said to John, Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life, but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
    <jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

Get a UPS your PC will Last Longer

Thread Information