www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Multiple Login with same user name

Multiple Login with same user name

Is there a way that i can prevent my users using the same user login ID and password to login at the same time with different computer or locations??

Your reply and script provide are very much appreciate.

Thank you.

Dave

Re: Multiple Login with same user name

Originally posted by daveloh
    Is there a way that i can prevent my users using the same user login ID and password to login at the same time with different computer or locations??

Your reply and script provide are very much appreciate.

Thank you.

Dave
    Don't give out your password is #1.
    If they have it then get a different one.
    Or you can inform your server. That's about all.

hi,
    are you farmiliar with a server-side technology?
    By using ASP you could build in code that can prevent this from happening. Sorry I can provide samples of this at this moment but if you are going to look at ASP then i would suggest that you post the problem in the ASP forum and i am sure someone can help you.

Hope this helps
    ----------------------------------

In asp 2.0, Is there a way that i can prevent my users using the same user login ID and password to login at the same time with different computer or locations??

Dave, yes you can but as Ribeyed indicates, exactly the mechanism depends on what server capabilities you have. If it's only CGI, then it's more difficult than if you have ASP, JSP, PHP type frameworks available.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

In asp 2.0, Is there a way that i can prevent my users using the same user login ID and password to login at the same time with different computer or locations??
    You'll need to use the Application scope to keep a dynamic list of the users that have Sessions.
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Thread Information