www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Runtime Error

Hybrid View

Runtime Error

Our lab has a laptop that is run through a school district server. While on the internet, this one laptop, while the 15 other computers don't, displays this message on almost every webpage:

A Runtime Error has Occured
    Do you Wish to Debug?

Line:2

Error: Syntax Error

Then it has the yes and no option. Im going to assume that it is something to do with the settings as it doesnt do it on the other computers. What exactly is this saying? And what exactly does it mean to debug? How do I stop this computer from showing these errors all the time? This error is the most common but it has also shown ones with different lines and different errors etc. Please explain in lame-man terms as I am an aspiring computer person.

Thanks
    Tgibbs

Are you using internet explorer? Try going to tools => options. Then go to the advanced tab. There will be a button at the bottom which says restore to default. Click that, close ie, and restart the comp. Reply if that works, tell us if there are any differences if it is still not working.

Well I think it worked. Just out of curiosity though what exactly does it mean when you debug a webpage?

Thanks for the help,
    Tristan

There are JavaScript errors on the pages you view. You can only debug (remove the error) from web pages you write yourself.

Thread Information