www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vBulletin Upgrade

Thumbs up vBulletin Upgrade

I see that the forum system has been updated. It will take some getting used to, but it's a definite improvement. Just curious - I noticed before that the default theme was available previously. Is there any way to restore that so that users can select the default theme you guys have created or the default theme from vBulletin? What if I say "please"?

Anyway, thanks for updating.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

You mean in version 2?

Sorry, I probably wasn't clear. If you're asking about the style changer, there was a blue one up earlier. There was also a style changer in a dropdown box. Can that dropdown box and the blue theme be restored for those of us who find red just a little hard on the eyes?

No, sorry, I don't know what dropdown was there for you, but it wasn't supposed to be.

Ah, phoey. Well, a man can dream, hmm? Thanks anyway, though. The new software is great and lots more convenient due to the JavaScript enhancements.

I saw the style changer as well, on the "Forums are being upgraded, come back in an hour to 90 mins" page. The default style was a very nice blue and it was possible to change to the red style with a dropdown box at the bottom of the page.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Yep, that's what I was talking about, Dave. Good to know I'm not going crazy and haven't been seeing things. (Sigh of relief.)

Oh, you mean during the time when the board was down? Oh, that's why it was there then, because during that period not all settings are in place yet.

I saw the style changer as well,
    me too; I like the blue better!
    At least 98% of internet users' DNA is identical to that of chimpanzees

VBulletin 3 is very cool. Does this mean you can implement the Recent Posts feature I mentioned earlier? Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease?

Well there's a new posts link on the navbar. Shows the posts since you last visited.

That shows recent posts. I'm talking about seeing posts I've recently posted in. Like when I visit here the next day, I like to check up on threads I've participated in, especially if I'm helping someone. I've seen other VBulletin 3 Forums with this...

No, but there's an icon for that. When you open a forum, threads you have posted in will have a bent arrow on the thread icon envelope

I know, but it's not the same. *sigh* well, it was an idea. Righty then.

Sweet this is cool.
    "If at first you do suceed, try not to look astonished."
    I have 50 gmail invitations at my disposal, if you want one pm me with your First and Last name and your email address
    HTTPGuru

Thread Information