www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Lost Dreamweaver and IE icons

Lost Dreamweaver and IE icons

The icons on the files (I had) that were associated with IE and Dreamweaver have been all transformed to some generic looking icon. Photoshop and Illustrator icons are fine, but not Dreamweaver and IE. To try to resolve this issue I:
    1.) right clicked on the file
    2.) chose OPEN WITH
    3.) CHOSE THE PROGRAM
    4.) I check marked ALWAYS USE THE SELECTED PROGRAM

The look of all files associated with Dreamweaver and IE still don't have the appropriate Dreamweaver and IE icons labeled on them.

What else I can do? Thanks.

-jms

Try using entering the programs and setting the associations from there, I am pretty sure IE allows that under "internet options". If that doesn't work, follow the directions below.

Go to Tools > "folder options" then select the "File Types" tab, find the appropriate file types and click the advanced button with one of them selected. From there, you can select the icon associated with that file-type.

Rinse and repeat.

-Gorky
    Faster than an OC-48 Line! More powerful than an AMD Athlon 64 FX-55 Processor! Able to jump entire forums in a single bound!

Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF...

Feeling the angst of a teenage torpor? Visit A to the Power of Two for help/hinderance.

"...and the Lord said to John, Come forth and ye shall receive eternal life, but instead John came fifth and won a toaster."

<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
    <jbroome> pases to moses, SCOOOOORE

I tried but still

Thanks,

I tried that. I also restarted the PC. But, still the standard icons for the htm files are not the Dreamweaver icons. Instead, they are SimpleText icons. When I open the file though, they open in Dreamweaver which is what I want.

Thread Information