www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Video card

Hybrid View

Video card

Is a capture card and a video/gfx card different. I have a video card that has the yellow svideo adapter for it and wanted to know if i could hook my xbox up to it and record what i do onto my computer? If yes how? Otherwise the only thing i can do with the svideo is output stuff?

generally a single video connector is output only, but some can automatically detect which way the signal is flowing and capture as well off the same port. You need to check your graphics card details - if it's marked up as VIVO (Video In Video Out) then it will capture.
    So the answer is, probably not.
    And yes a capture card is different to a video/gfx card. Video/gfx cards generally only handle outputs from the pc to monitors and tvs. (unless marked VIVO). Capture cards only handle inputs and outputs to vcrs etc.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

okay thank you i found out we already have a capture card on our family pc, wasn't aware of this. So i'll use that.

Thread Information