dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Trying to make a page dynamic (height/width) with CSS

Trying to make a page dynamic (height/width) with CSS

K, I've got a page nearly completely done in CSS that is completely dynamic, any res you have over 800x600, the page should be nearly the exact same. Problem's lie though at the boundaries of the content section, the left and right. Is there any possible way that I could have something there that would dynamically stretch from the bottom of the header to the top of the footer?

Here it is anyway, http://193.1.127.21/~slong/css/tester.html, I'd appreciate any help that you could give.

What do you want to stretch?

There's gonna be a border on the left and right-hand side of the content area, where I hightlighted here. I wanna it to stretch from top to bottom

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...ighlighted.png

What?? Did you not even look at the site? I don't want it 100% height of the page, just 100% of the content between the top border and the bottom.

Any border will stretch to fill it's containter. Your site has no content, without content the intention of your layout is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Fang
    Any border will stretch to fill it's containter ...
    It's pretty much not, I've got nearly what I want, but not completely. What I want from this page is it to fill the page no matter what your res is, with a fixed height header. The content (which'll include the side nav) should have the top part, at the top, and the bottom fixed at the bottom and a border on either side of my "actual content", you know where I'll be typing. I want that part to stretch to the size of the page one way or another.

maybe try breaking your graphics into 3 pieces. A bottom piece that will just have the bottom part. A top piece that will have all the info you need for the tap part, links, etc. and an image inbetween that will repeat virtically for however long the page becomes. This woul mean that you would need to make the cells on the side and split them into 3 cells.

That's a different way of looking at it alright, hmm I might try that, cheers Darth.

Thread Information