dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Frames - Tiny White Line Problem

Frames - Tiny White Line Problem

Hi, I've just about got my website figured out now, but I have one small problem. I have it set up with two frames, a little one that spans the whole top of the page, and goes down about 8%, and a big one, where most of the action takes place, which takes up 92%. I have it set up so that there are no borders. (By the way, both pages have black backgrounds). Now, even with all these border = no tags, there is still a tiny white line that separates the top frame from the bottom frame. If the site had a white background, it wouldn't be visible, but unfortunately, the site has a black background. What do I do? Here's the site:

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - AHS Edition
    </TITLE>
    </HEAD>

<frameset rows ="7.5%, 92.5%">

<frame src="Page1.html" name="navbar" FRAMEBORDER=NO FRAMESPACING=0 MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" BORDER=0 scrolling = "no" noresize>

<frame src="$200.html" name="main" FRAMEBORDER=NO FRAMESPACING=0 MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" BORDER=0 noresize>

</frameset>

<BODY>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Is it possible that's some kind of rounding error? Have you tried rows="7.5%,*" or an absolute pixel height like rows="50px,*"?

Actually, I was just playing around with the code and I solved the problem!

It turns out that I was using a weird type of frame code - I changed it to iframe, instead of frameset, and it works perfectly now. There's no white line!

Thread Information