www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Frames - Tiny White Line Problem

Frames - Tiny White Line Problem

Hi, I've just about got my website figured out now, but I have one small problem. I have it set up with two frames, a little one that spans the whole top of the page, and goes down about 8%, and a big one, where most of the action takes place, which takes up 92%. I have it set up so that there are no borders. (By the way, both pages have black backgrounds). Now, even with all these border = no tags, there is still a tiny white line that separates the top frame from the bottom frame. If the site had a white background, it wouldn't be visible, but unfortunately, the site has a black background. What do I do? Here's the site:

<HTML>
    <HEAD>
    <TITLE>Who Wants To Be A Millionaire - AHS Edition
    </TITLE>
    </HEAD>

<frameset rows ="7.5%, 92.5%">

<frame src="Page1.html" name="navbar" FRAMEBORDER=NO FRAMESPACING=0 MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" BORDER=0 scrolling = "no" noresize>

<frame src="$200.html" name="main" FRAMEBORDER=NO FRAMESPACING=0 MARGINHEIGHT="0" MARGINWIDTH="0" BORDER=0 noresize>

</frameset>

<BODY>
    </BODY>
    </HTML>

Is it possible that's some kind of rounding error? Have you tried rows="7.5%,*" or an absolute pixel height like rows="50px,*"?
    "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." Brian W. Kernighan

Actually, I was just playing around with the code and I solved the problem!

It turns out that I was using a weird type of frame code - I changed it to iframe, instead of frameset, and it works perfectly now. There's no white line!

Thread Information