www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to make this interface in ASP?

How to make this interface in ASP?

Hi all,

I am learning a ASP content manage system, and my write web site tool is Macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004, after go many web forum, I discovered that they all have a great input interface for the user to format the text, add URL link, add some cute small icon like smile icon on they forum.

I am beginner for ASP programming, I want to make a same interface to my content manage system for learning, but ...... how to do it??? Do it hard?? And it write by what language? ASP? PHP? JavaScript, Perl or ....??

Here are the image what I capture from one web site I said above, the interface is like that

http://test.cheungchaubc.org/kei/image01.jpg

And do anyone can tell me what is the name of called on this interface?? BCode or something? And do macromedia's Extension web site or other have the same function that can download free??

Thx for your time :-)

You can write a rich text editor in DHTML. The following editor can be downloaded for free: http://www.kevinroth.com/rte/demo.htm

You may want to implement that into your interface.

Regards.

The image posted is for a simple text editor. These are much easier to write and use a normal TEXTAREA form element as the edit box. JavaScript is used on the client-side for such simple editors. On the server-side (for saving the information), any language may be used as is appropriate for your web site. Ask your site host about what language(s) they have available for this.

Thread Information