dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: have a page on the website that only few can view with a specific URL

have a page on the website that only few can view with a specific URL

I would like to send a large file for viewing to a few people here and abroad. Since the file is large I cannot e-mail it.
    Earlier, I have received a specific link in my e-mail so that when I click on it I can get the info, but the info cannot be viewed by someone going to their website. How do I do that?
    I tried setting a page with no hyperlinks on the website but I cannot view it either!!!
    Would someone please tell me how do I do that on a website?

Re: have a page on the website that only few can view with a specific URL

Originally posted by sudhir
    I would like to send a large file for viewing to a few people here and abroad. Since the file is large I cannot e-mail it.

Would someone please tell me how do I do that on a website?
    Send it in two or three parts, e-mail them a web address to where they can view it, or create it with a password.

I never heard of a secret link to a site that if correct, you can't gain access.

The idea is not to make it secret. The purpose is that they can view it - password may be a good idea. Once the material is checked I will put it up on the web for everyone. Secrecy was never the issue!
    How do I set it up with a password?
    Please help. Thanks a lot.

Originally posted by sudhir
    The idea is not to make it secret. The purpose is that they can view it - Thanks a lot.
    If all you want to do is set up a web page for everyone to see, it doesn't have to be passworded. No matter how large it is, you only need to upload it with a name through your internet provider. If you never made a Web site before, you will have to let us or me know so you can get help on that.

Thread Information