dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: You guys are so nice for reviewing sites. Can you review mine please?

You guys are so nice for reviewing sites. Can you review mine please?

I'm very new to site making and coding etc. but I would love it if you could critique my site as harshly as possibe because I really do want to improve it.
    Thank you so much. I'm also looking for link exchange, so if anyone is interested, let me know by email back2natural@gmail.com.

WWW.BACKTONATURAL.COM is the site.

Liana

Tables..... no. Get with the program! Use CSS and <div>s. Go here for reasons; click here or here for designing stuff.

The header image is rather large, and the site is a bit too bland. I think you can make it look much better simply by adding more color and interactivity to your design. If you drop the tables and use CSS, I'm sure everyone here will be more than happy to help you out as far as design goes.

Really? Why not tables? I think I'll look at those sites man! thanks!
    Last edited by lianabanana; 04-29-2005 at 05:35 PM.

You may or may not realize that people who suffer more than just physical disabilities browse the Internet. Paralyzed people may use “mouth wands” to control the computer with their mouths, and blind people may use braille browsers or screen-readers. (There are also disabilities not directly related to the improper use of tables, such as people with cognitive disabilities who struggle with other problems involving web sites, but the concept remains the same.) In short, by designing with CSS and using valid, semantic markup (HTML), you ensure that even the blind can live a natural lifestyle. I think, as far as your organization or group is concerned, that is important. Additionally, your reputation for customer care is enhanced when you cater for the less fortunate, although I don’t believe that should be your only reason for making your site accessible.

As far as making your site look better, you can use CSS to make your site’s design more usable and understandable. Sometimes, you’ll visit a site, and wonder, “So, what is this site about? What am I doing here?” Your site doesn’t suffer from anything quite like that, but visual enhancements can help to make browsing your site easier and more pleasant for your visitors. A good, well-planned design can help to keep your visitors coming back for more. Let’s not forget, though, that good content is also very important.

I would suggest moving to CSS/valid HTML and removing the tables. You have a simple design, but I think it’s a little too simple. You can make that navigation easy to use but very interesting in a number of ways (including a drop-down menu), for example. Some zing could be added by using different fonts, colors, and styles on your images and links. Experiment, research user interface design, information architecture, and color meaning, and also be creative. Try something different, new, and exciting. Last, but not least, have fun!

Thread Information