dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Wickedsmaat

Cool Wickedsmaat

I'd like people to checkout my site:

WICKEDSMAAT

Let me know what you think. Let me be the first to say I know CSS is better than a table led design, but I did tables until I learn CSS. Other than that, I'm looking for creative critisism on the design, flow & ease of use for the site. Only a few pages have been done (FLASH, POLITICS, RELIGION, & DESIGN). So, on the rest of the pages, just imagine content.

Let me know, either here or from the 'contact me' button.

-Alex.

Everything's cool, 'cept two things.
    One--the "Contact Me" button looks different than all the other ones. Maybe you should've put it in the flash part, because the font's bigger and different.
    Two--it would be nice if you centered it and made it a little taller.
    Last edited by Sanim; 04-23-2005 at 12:39 AM. Reason: The forum doesn't recognize ACSII code

Hi
    Sorry it's not for me, IMHO it uses too little of the page and could be centred, the logo etc is too light I couldn't read it properly. I have broadband but would still like the information to be on the page when I click a button saying its under construction. On the completed pages the need to scroll because of the small area used is annoying.

Paul
    Last edited by ijm; 04-23-2005 at 01:01 PM. Reason: didn't read as I meant it too.

Thumbs up Reasons . . .

This page is supposed to be accesible to everyone. The size and position is required because someone with an older computer displaying at 800x600 will show my site normal, but anyone else displaying at higher resolutions will still see it, it will just look smaller. Moving it would cause someone else the have to scroll.

I had been debating on the darkness of the logo, thanks for your input, I'll make it darker.

As for the 'CONTACT ME' button, it's 2 points bigger (12 instead of 10) to make it stand out. If greater opinion says make it smaller, then I'll change it, could I get more opions on that???

-Alex.

Centering the content box I think would look nicer. I like how the color changes as you leave your pointer on the button longer. Your contact button could still stand out even with the same font size as the other buttons, just change the color of the text. And since you used a warm color in your buttons you could always incorporate that idea into your logo.
    I like how the first page types on it's own. Your statements are funny so it kept me reading. Can you make the words appear a little faster? The only thing that bugged me was the fact that it was on the other pages that aren't finished yet. Oh and the buttons aren't equally distanced apart, at least not on my browser.
    Otherwise cool website and interesting view on religion.

I love the idea of self typing text, but it need to be sped up and remain on the screen for a little longer(why only use 50% of the space you have?).

and try to make various sizes for your stuff, a peice of javascript on the main page should instantly transfer you to the correct screen size, while users without javascript will be forwarded to your currently sized work by default and you could add links to go to other sized versions.

And if your after accessability, don't use flash, I waited for ages to see nothing, because I'd disabled flash to avoid a banner on another site...

The typing novelty kind of wore off after about 20 seconds. After that I just wanted it get hurry up. I wanted to see your web design stuff but it......all........took....tooooo.....l o n g.

The design looked good (though should be centered and could be bigger). People have a VERY short attention span and you'll lose you visitor long before you get to the point.
    Last edited by zingmatter; 04-27-2005 at 11:49 AM.

Thread Information