www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: image compression using javascript?

Talking image compression using javascript?

Hi guys,

I am developing a website that let user upload picture file than display like an auction site. The problem is the uploaded file is too big like 100 or 200kb where it takes time to load when user go the the page which display like auction site. I am wondering if any javascript can compress the image after user uploaded the image. The image should compress to 5kb in order for fast loading. If not, anyone knows where I can get free or pay service of image server ? I know there is one call imageShack but they don't meet my requirement ! Pls kindly advice, Thanks !

regards,
    Mark

Javascript can’t modify image files. You need a server-side language of some sort.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

so do u know any company offer free or pay (cheap) service on this? That I just need to send over the image to their server then they will do the rest like compress and store.

If you want your graphics compressed, you can ask them to do it. There are “image crunchers” available on the Web, although they do cost money.

By the way, I’m moving this to the graphics forum since it doesn’t belong in the JavaScript forum.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

ok thanks man !

Thread Information