dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Browsers

Browsers

How can I check that my website works in different browsers? Do I have to have them all loaded on my computer, or is there another way?

I have IE, Opera, Firefox, Netscape and Safari on all my Macs, and I have IE, Opera, Firefox and Netscape on my PC's for testing. If you find another way, please let me know... (but personally I wouldn't trust any piece of software to tell me my code was "okay" for displaying in a certain browser on a certain platform - I want to see it for myself)

I have a browser that gives rough indications of how things will look by toggleing in an appearance menu, although it's still not accurate it does utilise the problems some browsers display to guess at a correct display.

The problem with it comes down to the use of javascript, as it follows w3 standards to the "T", something no other browser(I know of) does completely.

Cheers for that!

hmmm

You can also use http://www.browsercam.com/ to see screenshots of how the pages render in various browsers on a range of operating systems. Use the 24hr evaluation (free) service.
    HTH

I usually just ask a friend with a mac, and failing that, join a mac forum. If you ask nicely, one of em will probably post a screen shot for you. They did for me.

Thread Information