dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Calendars for sites

Question Calendars for sites

I'm kinda wanting to put a calendar on my site to where I can fill in the dates as to what events are happening and where, (like a link attached to that date inside the calendar)

Anybody know how to do that or point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

It depends on what you ambitions are. If you just want one setup try looking at http://cgi.resourceindex.com
    If you want to learn how to build one then you should start reading at http://www.perldoc.com

Here's a javsacript calender that I started for another post. No CGI required. It may work for you. You will need to provide the images.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Smile

Thanks to you both!

nedals--would I need to do a subfolder off of a main webpage?

ie: main page is about the city and orgs. in it and then have a link to a sub folder page just for the calendar it's self.

It's purpose would be so that I can insert info into dates on the calendar for events of these orgs and basically advertise for them.

Your calendar's script is great....turns out neat and clear cut and it's large.

So, really the question is.....do I need a page for the calendar itself? and how do I insert messages into them?

Thank you!

I've done a little more work on the script and added 'clickable' months on each side. I've attached the new script.

To use you will need to include three items on the page where you want the calendar.
    1. #calendar { position:absolute; top:100px; left:100px; }
    This will go in your style section. The image is positioned by setting top and left. It may be ommitted, I think, and the image will be positioned whereever you insert the div.

2. The 'Javascript' section will go in the head of your doc. There are some demo messages included. Simply add your messages there. (day,message)
    Use message[0] = new Array(...) for January
    thru' message[11] = new Array(...) for December

3. <div> section will go in the body of your page. If you use the absolute positioning, put the <div> section at the beginning, (after the <head> tag), otherwise use the whole <div>...</div> as you would any image. * (this MAY cause problems)

4. You will need to provide the images. If you want to use the drop-down for the month change, then use the script I already posted. Insertion is very similar.

I just added a working sample to my site
    http://www.fulspec.com/test/calendar.html
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Nedals; 03-25-2003 at 07:11 PM.

Print your own perpetual calendar for any year, month or period of months. The calendar can be further customized and printed.

Thread Information