www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How can I stop CSS on certain parts of my website?

How can I stop CSS on certain parts of my website?

Om my website, I have external css of

<STYLE TYPE='text/css'>
    /* CSS generated at csscreator.com */
    BODY{ color:#0000FF; font-family:cursive; font-size:medium; font-weight:normal; scrollbar-3dlight-color:#000000; scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000; scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#000000; scrollbar-face-color:#0066FF; scrollbar-highlight-color:#33CCFF; scrollbar-shadow-color:#000000; }
    FONT{color:#0000FF; font-size:medium; font-family:cursive; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; }
    P{color:#0000FF; font-size:medium; font-family:cursive; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none; }
    A{color:#FFFF00; }
    A:Visited{color:#FFFF00; }
    A:Hover{color:#FF0000; }
    H1{font-size:xx-large; font-family:cursive; font-weight:bold; text-decoration:none; }
    </STYLE>
    How do I stop certain parts of the web page not being influenced by the CSS. I know its a bit of a basic question, but I don't know much about CSS.

Cheers for your help!

You can't actually turn off CSS. What you want to do is to create additional CSS that is to be applied to the part of the page where you don't want the existing definitions to apply using class names that you can attach around the part of the page where you want the new definitions to apply.

The bit I don't want to be changed by the CSS is actually remotely hosted free content from bravenet. I have already formatted this on their website, but the CSS has overridden this. Would I still have to create a separate class?

Alternatively, wrap your content in a div with an id or class, then define your style to apply to that id/class, perhaps?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

So what code should I put before and after the code above, and what code should I put in the CSS? Or have I got it wrong?!

Thread Information