www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Made video- won't/can't work on website

Made video- won't/can't work on website

So I made a video on Windows Movie Maker, and it saves it to my computer as a Windows Media Audio/Video File, or a .MSWMM when I upload it to my server. But I think I need the video in either .avi, .mov, or a .mpg. Any help on how to convert it to one of those types of files, or how to make it work as is would be appreciated.
    Link to the site and how it doesnt work here....

www.redlinepaintball.com/redline.htm click on pictures on the side, then at the bottom of the page in blue, "2005 NLPL #2 Tiffin IA (Team Products Paintball)"- the video is supposed to pop up automatically.

thanks
    Dan
    Last edited by DClark; 05-01-2005 at 07:12 PM.

This is the code I used--

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

function openindex()
    {
    OpenWindow=window.open("", "newwin", "height=250,width=250,toolbar=no,scrollbars="+scroll+",menubar=no");
    OpenWindow.document.write("<HTML>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<TITLE>My Embedded Video</TITLE>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<BODY BGCOLOR=000000>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("<EMBED SRC=../videos/redline NLPL #2.MSWMM AUTOSTART=true></EMBED>")
    OpenWindow.document.write("</HTML>")
    OpenWindow.document.close()
    self.name="main"
    }
    </SCRIPT>

Hey man,

Your javascript is irrelevant to this problem. You need to change your settings to export your file as .mov or .avi. Im not sure if Windows Media Maker has those options. There is other software out there like Adobe Premiere that will do it for you.

I know very little about video editing, but I do know that Adobe Premiere is like,
    MUCHO EXPENSIOSO! **Hows my Spanish?**
    In my opinion, try to go with AVI, or MPG. Quicktime, and Win. Media player should support those. Do the best you can with the software you have.
    **(o)>***<(o)
    ___|| * * *
    *||__ , * * * * * * * * (o)>
    \___/ * * * *\___/ * * * * * * *___//
    iiiiLLiiiiiiiiiiiiiii_/_|iiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~ \___/~~~~~~~~~

i would try to get a program like discreet cleaner or sorensen's video compression software if you're going to be working with alot of video. Batch compression and fine tuning the results, cropping, as well as getting a properly coded piece of media are a good solution.

I am also sure there are dozens of "freeware" or shareware programs out there that do the same.

WMV and Quicktime are both good options, real format is just horrid, but might be your only option for low bandwith connections.
    Last edited by GJPG5; 05-13-2005 at 10:35 PM.

Just Google converting WMV to AVI;there are lots of free converters out there.

captsig
    http://www.captisigerson.com

filgood

hi
    i am great fan of your post , i am regularly follow your blog , every time u give us very useful information thats help me a lot , i think you right ......
    thanks

Thread Information